REMEDY FOR GLOSSIER HAIR
After a bunch of hair colouring disasters, my hair was snapping off and incredibly dry, so this year I've made a pledge to myself to go au naturale - after all this is what my Mumma gave me! This simple hair rescue remedy will inject fatty acids making your hair stronger, glossy, and gorgeous.
Seeded grapes, or de-seed them yourself. Want to cheat? Just buy some grapeseed oil.
- Mash or blitz the grapes and apply generously to your hair.
- Wrap in cling film to stop getting it everywhere!
- Leave for about 30 mins (or longer if poss).
- Rinse off, then shampoo & condition with your fav sulphate free product.
- I like to use fortnightly.
Why it works
Grapes are packed with Linoleic acid which strengthen the follicles to encourage stronger healthier hair. Grape seed oil is 73% Linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid, made up of omega-3 and omega-6 which is bound to give you the best shine.
Linoleic Acid Comparison Chart
Beauty is more than skin deep
Hair and skin masks are great, but if you really want to see the changes, I would highly recommend a high quality EFA supplement. Essential Fatty Acids are exactly that, they're absolutely essential for a healthy mind and body. They're the good fats, aiding in the development and function of the brain, increasing cognitive performance, and enhancing your memory.
Deep down they promote healthy formation of cell membranes, regulate your blood pressure, aid your immune system and are great at reducing inflammation. EFA's support the thyroid and adrenal activity, actively protecting your nervous system, which enhances a sense of calm.
Not only all this, but EFA's increases hormone production, so if you're suffering with mood swings, bad skin, or heavy / irregular periods they will bring you right back into balance. So on your hair, or better still take internally, this one is not to be missed!
Keep me up to date with more like this!
An oldy, but a goodie...
REMEDY FOR HAIR STRENGTHENING
I really love this one, it always feels nourishing to do.
- Melt the oils + honey on a low heat in a pan, just enough to make the honey runny, but not too hot.
- Crack in the eggs (as long as the oils not too hot, don't want the eggs cooking!) and whisk up.
- Get yourself to the bathroom as this can be messy, seperate your hair into sections, lean over the sink and dollop it on.
- Wrap your head in cling film (sexy) but worth it.
- Go soak in the bath while your hair soaks all the goodness in.
- Rinse off really well with cool water, shampoo & condition with your fav sulphate free product, use weekly and watch your hair transform!
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Castor oil
- 2 whole Eggs